Those youthful good looks might get us into trouble.
By clicking Enter below, you are confirming that you are the age of majority in your province.
Spring is finally poking it's head out and we don't know about you but we're really craving all things green.
This recipe comes from Starters, Salads, and Sexy Sides by Caren McSherry ©2017 (Appetite by Random House®, $24.95) was paired with the Coyote's Run 2016 Positivity White in the Holiday 2017 ClubK.
However, it would pair equally well with a Riesling such as Rosewood's 2015 Origin, (coming to you soon in the Spring 2018 ClubK and Discovery Pack) and is just what the doctor ordered for waking up our winter-weary taste buds.
Pairs with: Coyote's Run 2016 Positivity White or Rosewood Estate Winery 2015 Origin Riesling
1. Blanch the broccolini in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes; do not overcook. Transfer to an ice water bath to refresh, then drain.
2. Toss the broccolini with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil so it is lightly kissed with oil; do not be tempted to add more. Heat your barbecue or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the broccolini on all sides until it becomes charred, about 10 to 15 minutes. Don’t be timid to char it; this is the essence of the dish. Keep turning occasionally so each piece is evenly charred.
3. While the broccolini is charring, mix together the mirin, miso paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, the remaining grapeseed oil, and the chili flakes, if using.
4. Heat the olive oil in a small fry pan over medium-low heat and brown the garlic slices, being careful not to burn them. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
5. To serve, toss the charred broccolini with the miso dressing, ensuring that the dressing coats the broccolini evenly. Transfer to your serving platter and sprinkle the garlic chips all over. Serve hot or cold.
This recipe from Starters, Salads, and Sexy Sides by Caren McSherry ©2017 (Appetite by Random House®, $24.95) has been reproduced with permission from the publisher. Photograph by Janis Nicolay.